1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Restoring from HTC backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hatticus, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Hatticus

Hatticus Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I upgraded to 2.2 last night, but got stuck in the reboot loop. To fix it I reflashed to a 2.1 ROM and then re-applied the FOTA upgrade to 2.2, which seemed to work fine.

The only problem now is that I have lost all my SMS and MMS. They should've been backed up when the original (failed) 2.2 upgrade took place. Is there any way to restore this backup? I've tried a factory reset but no luck. :(

Advertisement

2. aks1081

aks1081 New Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I had the same problem last night, it got stuck in a reboot loop but then after it stopped. I used my backup to get everything back as i backed everything and luckily as i was installed i got a error that it was going to save my settings in the backup when installed but it failed and then it restarted on its own and here i am with 2.2 doing everything again, but its stopped rebooting. I lost my phone signal, my sim card is blown away from the update, apn settings lost was a nightmare other sim cards worked except for mine and i have a htc desire.
    To answer your question if you did not use mybackup youve lost everything because you did a factory reset and that means everything is wiped.
    But this update was a nightmare man hope the new sim card works fine...how can a update blow the sim away? anyone else got this problem with the update last night?

Tags: