1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Restoring from Smart Switch backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steel Rat, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Steel Rat

Steel Rat Newbie

Hello,

I recently switched from a Samsung Galaxy S8 to an LG Velvet. I backed up all my apps from the S8 using Smart Switch onto an SD card.

I no longer have the S8, and cannot figure out how to get the old apps (some of which aren't available on Google Play any more) onto the new phone.

I do still have an older Galaxy Tab S tablet, but still cannot get this to happen.

Two things I can't seem to do:

1) Can't restore from the Smart Switch back to the Tab S
    2) Can't get Smart Switch Mobile (installed on both devices) to restore from the Tab S to the LG.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

why can't you? an error? nothing happens? no options to transfer? you should be able to, we just need a more detailed description of your issue

drois2 likes this.
  3. Steel Rat

Steel Rat Newbie

On the Tab S, using Smart Switch, there is no option to choose a backup, only the latest backup, which is today, not the one I want.

For item 2, on the LG using Smart Switch Mobile, there are no restore options, only backup or transfer to another device. That's the opposite of what I want to do.

4. Anonymous Rat

Anonymous Rat Lurker

Hi there?
    I did the same thing once, I bought a new Samsung galaxy s7 and my old device was a Samsung galaxy s6 edge and I wanted to move my saved games data, music, videos, and other things to my new phone and it is hard to move one by one, so I searched for a tool to move all the data from my old device to new device, I tried several tools such as rooting apps, but none of them could help me, however, I found a tool called Samsung Smart Switch that is created for the exact purpose, so I downloaded that tool and moved my old device's data to my new device and thanks to the person who created that tool, also I downloaded that tool form samsungsmartswitch.org, also if you don't know the process their site has provided the relevant instructions
    Thank you

5. Steel Rat

Steel Rat Newbie

Why does that last reply look like spam?

LG Velvet Forum

The LG Velvet release date was May 15th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.8" inch screen, 48MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 765G processor, and 4300mAh battery.

May 15th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews