1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Restoring my new X apps and data...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jim Dawson, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    East Alton, IL
    I just activated my new X. I signed into my Google account and all contacts restored but no apps. I went to the market and only the paid apps are showing. How do I get the free apps back. I have "My backup pro" backups on my Droid SD card. Can I copy the backups to the X SD card and restore from that? Will it try to overwrite the paid apps I already installed? Will the restored apps show up in the market as downloads?

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Near PDx
    Did you use app brain before you activated your X? You can just sync with app brain, if you did. If not you may have to download again.

3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    Install My Backup pro on your X, Put your droid SD in, restore all your apps with my backup pro, take your droid sd card out and put your other one in, back up to your new SD card.

Or copy your entire SD to a folder on your PC then copy that folder onto your new SD.

Just out of curiosity why not just keep your Droid SD card? They are both 16GB, I just kept mine from my Droid and put it in my X since it had all my pictures, ringtones, etc on it.

4. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    East Alton, IL
    Thanks for the help.

I started to swap SD cards like you said but was afraid that the structure might be different on the X. That certainly sounds like the easiest way.