1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Restoring nandroid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heartburnron, Apr 26, 2012.

1. heartburnron

heartburnron Member

I've had it with d4 rom and ics . Too many apps freezes and other little niggles. Want to go back to check rom where EVERYTHING works as it should. I have my nandroid but dont know how to restore it. Can anyone advise?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Just go into cwm recovery, go into backup + restore, then select restore from internal, or external depending on where you backed up to, then select your desired backup

3. heartburnron

heartburnron Member

Thanks. Just tried that but when I select restore back up I'm just getting a blank screen? Is there another way?

4. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Can you remember what kernel you had installed when you performed your backup?

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

It could be a problem with restoring a GB nandroid while on ics. So it might be worth reflashing checkrom and then restoring the nandroid.

6. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I've gone back and fore gb and ics on numerous occasions without any problems, but what shotty mentioned is certainly worth a pop. It may however be incompatibility between cwm versions.

7. heartburnron

heartburnron Member

It's cool I just powered off, did the vol home power key manoeuvre and restored that way.

I'm gutted about having to go back to GB. I was really enjoying the new look and features on d4 and the improvement to my wifi connection was remarkable but, alas, the pros have failed to offset the cons.

The cons were as follows:

* certain apps freezing (battery out jobs)
    * a few gameloft games failing to load
    * no task manager (tried some others on the market but none like the stock Sammy)
    * file managing tasks a real pain compared to GB.

I did a nandriod of my d4 set up so maybe I'll go back to it when I'm not so pissed off...

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews