1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Restoring phone specifics after flashing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KB12, Apr 10, 2012.

1. KB12

KB12 Newbie

Is there a way to minimize work? I'm familair with Titanium pro, and a nandroid backup... but every time you move to a new ROM are you always going to have to re configure the launcher and/or widgets?

A nandroid might do that, but you can't restore an old nandroid once on a new Rom. Correct?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

Yes. I've never had widgets on my home screen work with ADW on a new install, even with saved and restored data. I believe that's a flaw with the home apps. They can restore settings and display/icons, but widgets don't transfer.

3. Nokoko

Nokoko Android Enthusiast

I've restored Widgets using Hot Reboot by Beansoft and Titanium Backup (TB). After restoring everything place a Hot Reboot widget then go back into TB and restore Application Widgets (and Wallpaper if needed) then use the Hot Reboot widget to reboot. It's taken 2 or 3 tries once or twice but has worked on several different devices with different ROMS and launchers. Saves a lot of time and effort!

cac2us likes this.

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews