1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Restoring pics following sd card replacement?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Android Question

I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE. I was trying to replace my SD card with a larger one to allow for more memory. I backed up the old SD card and inserted the newer one. The phone required me to encrypt the 32GB card in order to mount it. I did, then reset the phone to unencrypt to torn off the screen lock. after mounting the new SD card, all the pics and other data in my internal memory were gone.

For some reason there is a date gap from June to November for pics that uploaded to my google account. Is there any way to restore the pictures that were in my internal storage so I can back them up to Google?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Assuming the encryption/decryption ran properly (which soulds like th problem - something didn't), you can root the phone (voiding the warranty) and use a deleted file restoration app to try to recover them. I'm afraid you'll find, though, that what you recover is some encrypted mess that used to be your pictures.

ALWAYS back up ANY file you consider worth more than being deleted. If you didn't back it up, it wasn't an important file.