1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

restoring ringtones from PC to Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by congaman59, Apr 18, 2012.

1. congaman59

congaman59 Well-Known Member

I have a couple of ringtones I had made from mp3's. My memory card failed and I had to get another one and reinstall my rom. I want to know how do I move the ringtones from my backup on the pc to the phone? I tried to put them in the download folder on the phone but the phone didn't see them. At least not when I tried the download icon in the menu of the phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

What ROM are you on? Different ROMS need their ringtones placed in different places for the phone to realize thats what you want.

Granite1 likes this.
  3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Try to create a file structure like this:

Media / Ringtones

Media / Notifications

Under the media folder create both the ringtones and notifications folders, place the appropriate files in each folder and your phone should see them no problem. :)

I've used this file structure since I've had my Hero, I can't remember any roms where it didn't work. I'm sure there are some where it wont. :eek:

argedion likes this.
  4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

This is the proper way to structure the ringtones and notifications and alarms for your phone. you can check it out under the /system/media folder on the phone as well.

Me I delete everything in the /system/media/notification & ringtone folders and replace them with my own stuff. why well i'm anal like that.

Granite1 likes this.
  5. congaman59

Running MikG 3.11

6. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

set it up how Granite1 suggested. on the SDCARD set up /media/Notifications and then /media/Ringtones place each in proper folder then reboot the phone clear cache and dalvic then reboot phone and go and choose the ringtones / notifications you want. The later is really necessary but does make it nice an clean.

7. congaman59

So I just create a new folder under media called ringtones and put the mp3 files in there,

8. congaman59

So I just create a new folder under media called ringtones and put the mp3 files in there,

9. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

yes on the sd card /media/ringtones and thats it should be good to go

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews