1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Restoring SD Backup Files Saved On PC?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by aeneas01, Apr 28, 2012.

1. aeneas01

aeneas01 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    just upgraded the four phones on our family plan, all are the same model, and would like to set them up in the same manner. spent hours and hours setting mine up (adw launcher, widgets, apps, tweaks, etc.) and now the rest of the family wants the same look.

can i accomplish this by copying the contents of my sd card to my pc (usb) and then, in turn, connecting each of the other phones to the pc and replacing all of their sd card folders and files with mine (i.e. delete the contents of their scd card while connected to the pc and replace it with a copy of mine)? needles to say i'm a newbie at this so i hope i didn't cause anyone to fall out of the chair laughing at this notion!

if that's not a viable solution, could i instead copy my backup folder (used astro file manager) to the other phones' scd folder and then use the same app to restore the apps? the thing is, i've backed up all of the extensive settings and desktop configurations i've made to adw (using adw's back up feature), but these two files reside outside of the backup folder (they are located in the scd folder). i guess i could just copy them as well and put them in the same path?

any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement