1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Restoring Verizon Visual Voicemail on CM7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zoandroid, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    I am rooted running GB.650 and CM7 ROM.

I would like to restore a Titanium Backup I file of Verizon Visual Voicemail which I made when my Droid X was rooted, running the stock GB ROM, before I moved to Cyanogen.

TIBU finds the app, and shows I have 2 different backups on the SD for VVM. But when I try to restore either one of them, TIBU shows "Restoring App Voicemail 1.1" on the screen with a spinning circle.........forever. It doesn't ever finish the operation, even after 10 minutes. The files are less than 1MB, so I can't think it would take long to install. If I force TIBU to stop, there is on icon for VVM in the app drawer, so it isn't already installed and just hung there. Apparently it actually is not installing the app.

Any one have any suggestions? I'd like to have visual voice mail back on the DX, but I don't want to forward unanswered calls to other servers, which is apparently how all the apps I checked on the Market work for visual voicemail. That's why I prefer to stick with Verizon's if I can. It worked well for me before the DX was rooted.

If there are any apps that can do the same thing and not have to forward my calls to some web server, I am interested to hear about them. Or if this should be working, perhaps someone could post a known good copy of the VVM.apk file so I can try installing it?

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    the visual voicemail apk is a blur app, you cannot have it on cm7, you must install a blur based rom in order to get it, otherwise google voice is your best friend

Zoandroid likes this.
  3. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    Ah. :) The truth will set you free. :) Thanks Saint. I was successful late last night setting up Google Voice for my voice mail. So all is well.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    glad it worked out for you

5. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    Thanks. Part of the problem was that my son, who was using a different number when he had this phone, also had Google Voice set up already on it, and I didn't realize that at first. I finally noticed it kept referring to his old cell number while I was in the setup on the Google Voice website from my PC trying to figure out what it wasn't working. So once I changed it to use the cell number for my account, it was easy to set up after that.

Now I need to remember to go into my Verizon account and turn off the $3 a month Visual Voice Mail. I better do that now while I'm thinking about it. :)