• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Restoring with Titanium

mach101

Feb 16, 2012
I have installed a new Rom and before that I had taken backups from my all the apps and games with Titanium backup Pro. After restoring them I noticed that all the games that I had with my scores and the levels I played them are now showing as if it were new installed. Under restoring I pressed to restore apps+data.
Did I restore these games wrong with Titanium?

You may not have done anything wrong. I have noticed in the past that sometimes app data don't restore when changing ROMs. Ti believes it has succeeded, but the data are missing.

I don't know whether the "Backup app external data" setting makes a difference to this (just flicking through my settings to see whether there were any that might change this - I thought there used to be a compatability mode setting of some sort, but don't see it in the current version).

Upvote 0
Hmm, idk I've never had a problem restoring apps/data with Titanium. Maybe try another batch restore. When the app list comes up, scroll thru the list and make sure your games are listed there. If so, deselect all, then reselect only the games in question. Then Pres the dot near the top to restore data only. Maybe you got in a mix up where if your apps were auto installing from Google servers at about that same time (if you have that option on your phone and if you have it selected).

About the only other option you would have to get that data back otherwise is to revert to a recent nand backup if you made one prior to flashing the rom. Then backup with titanium again, verify backups, reinstall rom and restore app data.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones