1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Restoring ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Diz, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Diz

Diz Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Cell Sales
    Louisville, KY
    I'm currently running phiremod nook V3 found here(followed the instructions too):
    [ROM][Feb. 21 2011] >>>>> phiremod nook V3 <<<<< CM7 Nightly Base - xda-developers

I'm trying to get the OC kernal installed but can't get adb to recognize my nook. I'm guessing this might have to do with me not hooking my nook up to install the correct drivers.

Can I use this guide to get my internal partition back to stock software?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=949699&highlight=restore

Thanks for helping a NC noob out.

Advertisement

2. cabbie

cabbie Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    the 2nd link is bad

did you make a nandroid before flashing phiremod?

3. Diz

Diz Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Cell Sales
    Louisville, KY
    No I didn't. I know. I know. I flashed this to internal memory and don't think nandroids are possible yet with the new CWR and the way I have my SD partioned. Ill fix the link when I get home.

Thanks for the reply.

P.S. I haven't screwed anything up I just want to know how to get back to stock from where I currently am so I can install drivers so adb will find my device.

4. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Diz likes this.
  5. HarleyChick

HarleyChick Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    Ohio
    I read the entire way through the thread linked above and this does not sound "easy" at all! Is there another way to return my NC to stock? Not that I want to but just in case I have to.

6. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    It's really not actually that difficult; though I thought the same thing when first reading it.

Essentially, all you do is:
    1. Create a Bootable CWM SDcard. That part is no different from making the auto-nooter card or a 2.2/3.0 bootable SDcard. Just write the image to an SDcard. And you've got it.
    2. Download the Stock 1.0.1 .zip and save it to the SDcard (there might be a 1.1.0 .zip as well).
    3. Insert the card and reboot. It will boot right into CWM, but from the SDcard and not the actual NC. This will allow you to make changes to the NC hard drive while running off of the SDcard.
    4. Wipe everything ("Format System" and "Format Data")
    5. Flash the stock .zip from the SDcard.
    6. Remove the SDcard and THEN click reboot. The device will turn off. It might reboot on its own, or you'll have to manually power it up. Either way, you'll be back to the stock software.

Sounds MUCH more complicated than it really is.

For reference: When those steps in that linked thread say "Confirm ...", that just means to click yes at the check screen. Each time you select to "Format ..." something or Flash something, it will ask you to "Confirm ..." it. Confirm DOES NOT refer to you actually confirming that it was done. (That screwed me up)

The whole process takes 5-10 minutes tops. I would suggest using my instructions to help you understand the basics of what is being done (hopefully I explained it thoroughly) and use the linked instructions to actually follow when you're doing it.