1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Restricted (second) user can´t login after device reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by veloc, Nov 3, 2021.

1. veloc

veloc Lurker

Hi Forum,

this concerns the following device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (SM-T500)
    One UI Core-Version 3.1
    Android Version 11

and the following scenario:
    one of my users is tasked with entering data into a website using the Galaxy Tab as an input device - she should not be able to do anything else with the device. So I´ve created a second, restricted user which can only use the Chrome browser.

First tests showed all working as intended until I rebooted the device - now the restricted user can´t log in if the main user hasn´t logged in first: on the lockscreen the second user is greyed out until the main user has logged in.

Now the question:
    How do I allow the restricted user to login without an Admin logging in first?

Best and TIA,
    veloc

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. veloc

veloc Lurker

OK,
    in a desperate attempt to get an answer I reached out to the (german) Samsung support (since I received no answer, neither here nor in the german forum where I originally posted the question:
    (Site address removed. Address not needed)
    I will post the german original answer here as a quote, translation will be written below.
    Here is what the support wrote me:
    Translation:
    When I asked whether this behaviour is Android (11) specific or an addition by Samsung, the answer was:
    Translation:
    :(

Could someone check whether this is Samsung specific or is actually happening on all Android-tablets?
    According to https://source.android.com/devices/tech/admin/multi-user, the function "Restricted Profile" in Android is only available on Tablets and TVs.

Best and TIA,
    veloc

#2 veloc, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2021

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews