1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Resurrecting a bricked G3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Braeden Hamson, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Braeden Hamson

Hey guys, my LG G3 recently died on me. Yes its getting a little old but I'm wondering if there's any hope. One night I got a pop up from the phone saying android system server had crashed. Then it shut down. I powered it back on and used the phone for another 20 minutes. Then it died again, this time no pop up. It would die and turn on again but each time it would be on for less and less time. Now it won't even wake up. I charged it all night, nothing, The battery is making good voltage and the phone is applying voltage to the battery when plugged in. So thats not the issue I think,

Any help? I'm stuck with a Blu Studio X8 until I can get something working. Its so bad. XD

moufoumafulgence90 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Are you sure the battery is good? It sure sounds like a failing/failed battery to me.

3. Braeden Hamson

I checked it again the battery is outputting 3.0 v and is rated for 3.8 v. Though shouldn't the phone be able to turn on on the charger if the battery is bad? Also, it's a 1 year old after market battery.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

No. The charger isn't going to pass through the voltage to the phone. This is why the battery is always the first suspect in cases like this. My guess is that your aftermarket battery came with a 1-year warranty and it's now one year plus a few days? I've bought batteries like this and they never seem to last as long, or hold a charge as well as the OEM parts.

tube517 likes this.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews