• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Retreive lost image currently used as wallpaper

D

Deleted User

I've found a similar posts but with no answers (http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/455887-where-my-wallpaper-image.html) but as that is not an AT&T version of the phone, I was hoping it would be a bit different, hence this thread.

Somehow, 2 pictures disappeared from my wife's phone the other day, one of which is used as her wallpaper. Oddly, the wallpaper still remains. I searched for all .jpg, .jpeg, and .png files on the device, but they are nowhere to be found.

Where on earth is the wallpaper image stored?

Thanks for your reply.
I don't even have the file you mentioned on this device. att.apk is the only apk file located on the phone (found in the download folder), but the wallpaper was not found in that package. Only application related png files could be found.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones