1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Retrieving a deleted number

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by TonySG, Jan 15, 2016.

1. TonySG

TonySG Lurker

Hi
    I am new to this forum. I am in pretty desperate need for some help.

So I have somehow managed to delete an important number from my HTC One M9. Basically a girl that I liked lol. Most of my interactions with this number was through Whatapp. But I have deleted all the chat history I had with the number I am trying to retrieve. I also only ever called the number through Whatapp. I received one call from the number via my network last week. I have stopped updates on my fone to try and prevent a refresh from wiping any data which may be on the fone. I have also received images from the number via whatsapp which are still on my fone.

Basically, what I was wondering is that, is there any way I can get this deleted number back? Anyway at all? I am not very technological but can follow instructions but at the same time I dont want to mess my phone up. I have read about Rooting the device. But, then I read that I would need to 'unlock' the bootloader. Which would effectively wipe everything off my device?!

I am just wondering if I have lost this number for good? Is there any other way I might be able to retrive it. I tried calling my carrier and they said that they dont record 'incoming' calls. Only outgoing. Im stuck!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you received a regular voice call last week your call log is the obvious place to look (unless you get so many calls that it's gone already, but mine seems to have several hundred calls in it). If it says "outgoing calls" try tapping those words and set it to display "all" or "incoming" calls instead. If you haven't cleared the call log as well I'd expect it to be there still.

Otherwise if you didn't have a backup of your WhatsApp data I don't think there's any way of recovering that even with root, and unlocking the bootloader will indeed wipe the device.

I'm sure the network do have a record of incoming calls, just it isn't in the billing system and they probably only release it to the police or spooks. :(

mikedt likes this.