1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Retrieving data from a S3 with broken display and screen lock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bestivo, Jan 14, 2013.

1. bestivo

bestivo Newbie

I broke the display on my phone. The phone itself works fine I can receive calls with bluetooth. I can connect it to a PC (windows/linux) and see the phone connected. The problem is that my phone has a pin lock and it requires me to enter the combination (obviously I know it, just can't input it) for the connection to become active

I tried using samsung kies but it also asks me to input the pin number on the phone before it can establish a connection.

Is there another way to connect to the phone and possibly enter the pin on a computer?

The only other way (which I haven't tried yet) is to take a part another GS3 and connect its screen to the broken phone. Like in the beginning of this video

Galaxy S3 Screen Replacement - Frame Change - YouTube!

I have a brand new GS3 but don't want to take it apart if it can be avoided :)

Thanks for any suggestions

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bestivo

bestivo Newbie

Using the screen from my new phone and connecting it to the old phone (just to unlock it) worked fine :) Just in case somebody else has the same problem (hope nobody does)

3. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews