• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Return LG Ally to Stock

I rooted my Ally with Froyo a few months back, but now the phone is starting to really act up- drop calls when I know the signal is perfect, not sending/ receiving text messages, even data is sketchy at best. I've even just watched the network indicator. It's gone up, gone down, disconnected, reconnected... the data indicator switches from 3G to 1x and no connection. I'm trying to restore my Ally back to the Android platform that was on it originally. Anyone have instructions for that? Much appreciated!

Upvote 0
This is taking more time than it needs. Right now I'm pretty much just downloaing .zips, pasting their contents on my SD card, and hoping it works, which it's kind of not. The directions bounce around too much.
Here's all the info on my phone as taken from "About Phone"

Model Number:
Ally (but we know that already)

Android Version:

Baseband Version:
VS740MVE.6040.1001

Kernel Version:
lg-electronics@aloha #2

Build Number:
FRG83G

SW Version:
VS740ZVE

I'll keep trying, and if one works, I'll post instructions for it too.
~Beats head off a brick wall first~

Upvote 0
This is taking more time than it needs. Right now I'm pretty much just downloaing .zips, pasting their contents on my SD card, and hoping it works, which it's kind of not. The directions bounce around too much.
Here's all the info on my phone as taken from "About Phone"

Model Number:
Ally (but we know that already)

Android Version:

Baseband Version:
VS740MVE.6040.1001

Kernel Version:
lg-electronics@aloha #2

Build Number:
FRG83G

SW Version:
VS740ZVE

I'll keep trying, and if one works, I'll post instructions for it too.
~Beats head off a brick wall first~

Youre over complicating this, take the stock 2.2.2 zip, download it, unzip the one folder to sdcard/nandroid/mem=223/ then boot into recovery and wipe then choose restore and select the backup you just copied there. The directions are pretty on the spot.

Upvote 0
When I attempt to get into recovery mode it toggles between the LG logo and the android with the triangle and when I let go of the keys it just goes to the normal boot up. What am is wrong?
I was able to root the phone again using superoneclick and have flashed a new rom..all is well I have learned a lot exploring the forums here and at phandroid and androidpolice. thanks all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones