1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Return my Droid 4 for this?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The Shape, Apr 19, 2012.

1. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

I just got the Droid 4 the other day and I'm not liking it. Do you think this would be a better alternative?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Well, you're listed as having a Captivate. Do you need a physical keyboard? The D4 is okay, but I hated the Blur that was on my Bionic. I never used the keyboard on my D1 and having a large screen like the Nexus and with the new beta of Swift Key, I love not have a physical KB. The Nexus is not without its faults. The radio is most likely better on the D4, so signal strength may be an issue if you're in a weak area. If you're in your return period, I'd head into a store and play with the Nexus for a substantial amount of time to see if you like it. There's tons of great support and help around here if you have anymore questions.

The Shape likes this.
  3. The Shape

I copied this from another post I recently made...

Main reasons I don't like the Droid 4:

poor battery life
    screen picture/video quality is terrible
    poor camera quality
    the whole Motorola interface is unappealing to me
    non-removable battery.
    slide out keyboard slides out way too easy and turns the screen on even when slightly ajar
    headphone cord gets in the way when trying to type on the slide out keyboard
    bad power/unlock button

4. superflybribri

superflybribri Well-Known Member

I will tell you this. I had the Motorola Droid 3 and I absolutely hated it. It almost made me give up on Android all together. Then I got the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. My heart is restored. That is how good this phone is.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jbdan likes this.
  5. The Shape

I'm deciding between this phone and the HTC Rezound. The only thing concerning me about the Galaxy Nexus is the signal strength issue I've been reading so much about.

6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

I have both the rezound and the Nexus, the Nexus is the FAR better phone. Side by side the signal strength is equal.

Here are a few things I had to say about it in the Rezound forum

Outatime likes this.
  7. NJSmoke

NJSmoke Member

I would wait until other phones came out with ICS if possible.

8. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

everyone has different experiences. I had the Rezound also or about three weeks before getting the Nexus. Personally i felt the Rez got much better signal reception for me. My nexus at home stays at -120dbm....which is the lowest you can get.

I liked the Rez and thought it was a good device. But if you don't like Moto's ui you may not like HTC"s either. So go in the store and play around with one. or if you know a friend borrow his for a few minutes lol.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews