1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Returning ATRIX over the underpowered Focus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ad78, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ad78

ad78 Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    im not trying to dissapoint everyone here.. but lets face it. its like a big hype over this phone.

i can't stand the internet browser.. it kills me when you double tap the certain paragraph that you want to view. and also, if you type like this forums address, you can't even read the pages...

the dual core is useless. its slow.. the UI is simply ridiculous..

now I'm jumping to focus. don't flame me though. i went last night and tried the much underpowered device (focus) and it is simply amazing! i know, you can't add personal ringtones, micros issues, multitasking but i don't care.

it really sold me on simplicity and amazing UI. i can wait for the next update. which is i hear microsoft promises to be the missing cut and paste, multitasking etc.

the OS is like the first generation iphone. no cut and paste etc.. but it evolves over time.

sorry guys, i am just dissapointed on atrix.

so long..

Advertisement

2. zizo79

zizo79 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    PA
    So long....Focus better than Atrix is simply unacceptable lol

3. ad78

ad78 Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    it is. and you are right. but look, only a gig of processor and 512 of ram but it has amazing UI

4. ad78

ad78 Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    i did not say the focus is "better" i also edited the title.

5. zizo79

None

Feb 5, 2011
    PA
    Good luck with that.... It seems like you are not sure of your decision.

6. LateDroid

LateDroid Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    SCEA Test Analyst
    So-Cal
    sorry the phone doesn't satisfy your need for simplicity, but Android phones aren't meant for beginners. it's as near an open source platform as you're going to get which makes Android superior and sometimes more complicated in many ways compared to any product....

i love when people come on an atrix forum to say they, for whatever reason, don't have an atrix. it's one thing to review and compare to phones objectively and perhaps give a graded score with an overall opinion after contrasting the differences.

saying things like "the dual core is useless. its slow.. the UI is simply ridiculous..", considering in reality, the dual core is extremely powerful and every technical forum out there knows it AND the UI is Android, means you're basically saying you don't like Google's product, not the Atrix

enjoy your Zune integration, i guess?

Droid_Genius likes this.
  7. zizo79

None

Feb 5, 2011
    PA
  8. DukeL

DukeL Well-Known Member
    None

May 29, 2010
    Just like the CEO of LG said. WP7 gets boring real quick. Especialy for us more experienced users. No way would I consider the focus over the atrix but to each his own. Variety is the spice of life.

9. LateDroid

LateDroid Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    SCEA Test Analyst
    So-Cal
    they make those commercials showing off how "little you need to use the phone"...well that just goes to show you how underwhelming the WP7 experience really is. i'm on my phone constantly, just messing around with it, so definitely don't fit into that kind of demographic

10. LateDroid

LateDroid Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    SCEA Test Analyst
    So-Cal
  11. gatorguy

gatorguy Newbie
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    wow...i just came to the atrix from the focus and you don't really know what your in for. Like someone said wp7 gets boring REAL QUICKLY! You said the browser sucks on the atrix...just wait till you need to do something important on the focus and then you'll realize how wp7 has the WORST browser with the exception of blackberrys! Get ready to enjoy most of your news/blog apps being RSS feeds that just simple launch the browser to a site (and enjoy most of those sites not working properly). Yes wp7 is BY FAR the easiest and simplest phone OS out there...but because it is so simple you find yourself not using the phone and enjoying it...just using it to get by! Good luck and to each their own...but wp7 is nowhere near ready yet and is a second rate experience because of that...like someone else in this thread said...you want simple...get an iphone (you'll atleast enjoy it more)

although most of my focus hate is derived at the OS...the phone itself is of good quality...amazing screen and amazing call quality but thats about all the positives for it! (camera is nearly unusable if you don't have a SUPER steady hand/arm)

12. atlbuc

atlbuc Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Network Admin
    Atlanta, GA

I couldn't agree more, I traded my Focus for a Samsung Captivate to move to Android until the Atrix was released. Very boring phone and UI

13. ad78

ad78 Newbie
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    me and wife have an iphone 4. I'm just looking for another OS phone.

i went already at at&t and i have it on my hands. man, the camera is stunning (quality) this will look atrix an amateur for the quality.

i kinda like it. so smooth like the iphone 4. this time microsoft did it right. a potential OS.

14. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Houston, TX
    At least he's man enough to say he's not ready to handle an Android.

I mean it's simple, he heard all the hype, stepped up to the plate and then found out that he was in over his head and he struck out woefully. Now it's back to tee ball where every pitch is a soft served underhanded offering.

Hope you enjoy your Winmo 7 phone

15. DT

DT Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    I actually think there's a ton of people who like to join, claim ownership of currently hot topic phone X, say it's bad, and then say they've returned/sold it and purchased something else.

I bet 75% of the complainers ~n~ bailers never even owned an Atrix. Not saying that about this particular poster, but that's kind of SOP on the interwebz. At least that one kook that got banned posted pictured of his Atrix :D

Kind of on topic: The Focus does have a terrific camera for a cell phone. Stunning? Er, maybe sort of, kind of, again, in the context of the _phone_ market. Honestly an iPhone 4 camera phone (also terrific), is still a step down from most mid/upper grade P&S options, and not even close to even an entry level DSLR.

Just my $0.02

Enjoy the new Focus :)

16. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    Darn it!!!:mad: Somebody got banned and I missed it!:eek:

17. DT

DT Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    I wish I would've missed it, I think I dropped like 10 IQ points as a result of his posts :D

damewolf13 likes this.
  18. blackego

blackego Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Ha, tell me about it. I almost wanted to leave this forum becuase he made it look and feel like this is a forum full of children. Im very happy with the Atrix and I don't have any serious complaints despite the "4G" speeds that Im sure will be fixed soon.

Side note: My Atrix has beat out my Iphone 4 in every speedtest thus far..