1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Returning Desire To HTC For Repair

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JohnnyBravo1000, Aug 6, 2011.

1. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Luton
    Despite the fact I only have a couple of months until my upgrade, I can no longer tolerate the random and annoying reboots of my HTC Desire. As a result, I've decided to send it off to HTC (as it's within in the two year period) and let them replace the motherboard, which I assume is the cause of the problem.

I upgraded to my Desire through T-Mobile and I've rooted it and flashed a custom ROM.

I assume I'll need to restore my Desire to a stock T-Mobile ROM? I've read that this is easily done via HTC sync? Is this correct? Where can I find the relevant stock ROM?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    You can get an RUU from shipped-ROMs. They are stand-alone programs to reflash the phone with the official software.

Make a full set of backups first, as this wipes the phone, then keep the card safe until you get it back.

3. JohnnyBravo1000

None

Jun 3, 2010
    Luton
    Cheers mate.

Stupid question, but if I download one of those, is that all I need in order to reflash it back to the original software?

Another stupid question, I'm on T-Mobile and can identify those by the names of the files. However, what is the difference between all the T-Mobile files? ie. which one should I go for? I've found two which match the radio version I had originally and still actually have.

4. JohnnyBravo1000

None

Jun 3, 2010
    Luton
    I may possibly have found the answer myself, but thought I'd better ask in here first.

I've gone to "About Phone" in the Settings menu and there is a .exe file in the list which matches both my Baseband Version and my Radio. I assume this is the one to go for? Or is that far too easy and logical? :D

5. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Sorry, been in the other subforums this evening.

"Baseband" and "radio" are the same thing. But if it's an RUU .exe with TMO_UK and your current radio version that should do. You just need it to be any T-Mobile UK Froyo RUU really, so a radio XX_5.xx, and the word "Froyo" in the name, should suffice. What matters is that it's official TMob firmware, so they don't have any grounds to refuse the warranty.

Tags: