• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

twistedlim

Android Expert
Jun 9, 2010
1. Activation was far less than seemless. Could not update roaming via any method for a while. Then it took but after a reboot same problem.

2. It is somewhat faster but you would have to have them side by side to notice a difference.

3. No Netflix

4. When I open a web page it gets 90% done and then blinks before it finishes. Annoying.

5. Slow to awake when you hit the power button...noticable lag, bothersome to me.

Positive:
1. Screen is more than 25% better. More like 75 %. Brighter and more contrast.

2. Uses same batteries and accessories.

3. Umm, that is about it.

I am sure root, rom, updates, GB and other things will make it a great phone, but not right now. For me the original X is still tops.

1. Activation was far less than seemless. Could not update roaming via any method for a while. Then it took but after a reboot same problem.

2. It is somewhat faster but you would have to have them side by side to notice a difference.

3. No Netflix

4. When I open a web page it gets 90% done and then blinks before it finishes. Annoying.

5. Slow to awake when you hit the power button...noticable lag, bothersome to me.

Positive:
1. Screen is more than 25% better. More like 75 %. Brighter and more contrast.

2. Uses same batteries and accessories.

3. Umm, that is about it.

I am sure root, rom, updates, GB and other things will make it a great phone, but not right now. For me the original X is still tops.

Sorry to hear the phone didn't work out for you.

However I do believe it would be awesome to keep the dual core phone and root that thing before they release the hard to root update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones