1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Returning fully stock and unrooting One m8 with s on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wild111hog, Oct 23, 2014.

1. wild111hog

wild111hog Lurker

Hi, I have rooted my HTC One m8 and installed a custom recovery (Teamwin). I did this as I wanted to install the GPE rom. I was stopped by the S-Off not working. I am wanting to return fully stock and become unrooted. I am on EE/Orange network in the UK but it seems as though my device doesn't have any ruu files available. I am using a Mac so I am limited to options, any help will be gratefully appreciated! Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. saltire

saltire Android Expert

RUUs are thin on the ground at the moment. What did you use to try and S-Off? If you tried Sunshine were you still on stock or a close to stock custom ROM?

scotty85 likes this.
  3. wild111hog

wild111hog Lurker

Thanks for replying, I used firewater but it said my device wasn't supported apparently lots of people have this problem. A am currently on the stock EE rom but rooted with the teamwin custom recovery.

4. saltire

saltire Android Expert

Probably no option but to use Sunshine, well worth in my opinion if you want S-Off.

scotty85 likes this.
  5. wild111hog

wild111hog Lurker

So unless the correct ruu comes out for my device then I cannot go back to unrooted and have the stock recovery?

6. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

If you're on a stick Rom you can unroot it,and you can install a stick recovery if you can find one.

What is your current build number?

7. wild111hog

wild111hog Lurker

My current build number is 2.26.61.1
    Other info - CL379824 release-keys

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews