• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Returning Hero for new

barnacles

Android Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2010
Dekalb, Illinois
So I am one of many of the users to experience dust creeping under the screen of my HTC hero. I spoke with HTC who said sprints repair center has a fix. Upon arriving at the repair center they are unaware of the fix. So is sprints online technical support? That is a huge issue within itself.. None the less sprint recommended I take my phone back to best buy since I am within the 30 days exchange and get a new device. I was curious if anyone was in the same boat as me. Upon purchasing the hero from best buy I immediatly invested in a ZAGG invisishield screen protector for it and paid the 8 dollars for them to install it there. Expensive yes, but I am very obsessive about perfection of screen protectors. So my question is has anyone returned a defective phone to best buy after installing a screen protector? These screen protectors are $20 and I'm wondering what best buy will do for me since the device is defective. I dont feel like dropping another 20 on a screen protector for a device im not even sure wont have problems again. It would be nice if they would let me "return" it as part of the defective product and recieve a new one for the new device. Anyone gone through this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones