• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Returning international calls

hero-user

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
I have a HTC-Hero and have an annoying problem with incoming international calls. The caller's name is correctly identified from what is stored in the 'People' directory. However, the international dialing sequence is stripped out so that I am unable to return the call by touching the caller's name displayed in the call history.

For example, the 'people' directory might have an entry like:
Bob: +44272272272

When Bob calls, the phone log shows the caller without the '+' sign thusly:
Bob <44272272272>

When I want to return the call from the phone log by touching the name 'Bob' in the list of calls, the call does not go through because the '+' (international dialing sequence) has been stripped.

Is there some setting or specific way of storing people's phone numbers that can overcome this irritant?

Maybe I did not explain it properly. It is not new functionality that I am looking for. This same feature works properly for US originated calls. I can touch the name of the caller in the phone application and place the call. I am unable to do the same for international numbers because the prefix '+' has been stripped from the list of incoming calls when the listing appears in the phone application.

Upvote 0
Correct, I got that, but if you use GV for your international calls, when you click on that contact it will automatically call using GV which already has the prefix for international calls. and it might even be cheaper than using Sprint for that call, worth looking into it, I would also call Sprint and HTC and see what they say.

Maybe I did not explain it properly. It is not new functionality that I am looking for. This same feature works properly for US originated calls. I can touch the name of the caller in the phone application and place the call. I am unable to do the same for international numbers because the prefix '+' has been stripped from the list of incoming calls when the listing appears in the phone application.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones