• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Returning my Captivate for a new one.

King Stampede

Jul 18, 2010
My phone was running good until recently.

The past 3 days my phone has been restarting by itself. This has happened a total of 8 times so far. I thought it was due to the Advanced Task Killer so I uninstalled it and it still the phone restarted on its own. Also, I never really used the GPS setting on the phone and today I really tried it out and it was taking forever to lock on my location as well as being a distance off from where I actually was.

I picked mines up on launch day and I've read in other posts that those of you who returned it for a later model seemed to have gotten "better" or "fixed" phones in regards to the GPS and other bugs such as lag.

Hopefully tomorrow the new Captivate I get will be bug free....or close to it.

Anyone else have a better experience with their new phones after they traded them in?

Also, do I take just the phone back or do I take the packaging and phone with all the accessories as well? Do all the phones have a 30 day limit that we can return them? I bought mine from a authorized reseller and am worried that they might have a different return policy.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones