• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Returning my Droid 4

The Shape

Jul 28, 2010
NY
Hello. I just dumped AT&T a couple of days ago and joined Verizon. I got the Droid 4 but I am not happy with it and will be swapping it out for something else. I've been doing some research but Verizon has an overwhelming selection of Android devices.

I'm basically looking for...

-4G
-AMOLED screen or of similar quality (Droid 4 quality is awful)
- Dual core is a plus but not necessary

Thanks

Main reasons I don't like the Droid 4:

poor battery life
screen picture/video quality is terrible
poor camera quality
the whole Motorola interface is unappealing to me
non-removable battery.
slide out keyboard slides out way too easy and turns the screen on even when slightly ajar
headphone cord gets in the way when trying to type on the slide out keyboard
bad power/unlock button

Upvote 0
You may want to pick up an HTC Rezound. Better screen quality (720p - true HD), great camera, Beats earbuds & overall great sound, and you may like the HTC Sense interface better. The power and volume buttons can be hard to use without a case and the battery life can suck. But, you can get an extended battery or spare standard one to last if you're far away from a charger. Verizon's 4G LTE is great for speed and reliability, but it sucks any batteries dry without some power management software and using tips and tricks on any Verizon phone.

No phone is perfect for anyone and you'll end up making some compromises in the end on what you want versus what they have, but I can vouch that the network coverage and decent customer service are worth a great deal once you do get settled into a phone!

Upvote 0
If you are looking for battery life, stay away from the Rezound. Most people seem to be getting ~6 hours out of it with light-moderate usage.

If you could hang out for a week or so, the Incredible 4G is rumored to be released. That will likely hit all of your wants.

My father must be pretty beastly at managing battery life. He can get two days out of one. Granted, whatever use he has probably falls under "light". But he never turns off 4G or Wifi, since he doesn't know how. :D

Upvote 0
My father must be pretty beastly at managing battery life. He can get two days out of one. Granted, whatever use he has probably falls under "light". But he never turns off 4G or Wifi, since he doesn't know how. :D

LOL! I can get 8 to 10 hours most days with mine. The new version of the Dinc will have more juice to it, but that may or may not help.

Upvote 0
My advice is to visit a store and play around with the different handsets available. And whatever you do, do not ask one of the associates for advice.

My opinion is that the best phone on VZW right now is the Razr Maxx. I understand not digging the Moto UI, but you can always skin it with a custom launcher. Blur is much better than it used to be, but I stick with Go Launcher on my Razr. Honestly, I can say this is the best phone I've ever owned. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Reactions: WA_Bob
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones