• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Returning Samsung Galaxy S III

I'm returning the phone after 2 days. I'm so used to the features on the HTC phones that I got frustrated w/ the Galaxy S III. Dont get me wrong, its a great phone but I just wasn't satisfied enough to keep it.

Anyone else have feedbacks on this phone.

What features are you missing.. maybe they are there and you just need a hand figuring them out ?

Upvote 0
What features are you missing.. maybe they are there and you just need a hand figuring them out ?

Indeed. I would suggest giving it more than just 2 days. Check with your provider on return policy, you should have something more like a month to try it out first. I know it took me the better part of 2 weeks to get into a groove with my Incredible the first time...and I spent the entire first week just poking around every menu and setting on the phone I could find:)

I do wish HTC had been the one to put out a good phone. They really have killed the Incredible line though. Nothing has been incredible about them since the original. It's just a mid-range line now. <sigh>

Upvote 0
I'm returning the phone after 2 days. I'm so used to the features on the HTC phones that I got frustrated w/ the Galaxy S III. Dont get me wrong, its a great phone but I just wasn't satisfied enough to keep it.

I had the original galaxy (captivate) and i couldn't get used to HTC Sense (tried the Inspire). I gave it another shot with the HOX. I love it but using Apex launcher. I'll see how Samsung upgrades to 4.1 for me to decide on the next galaxy phone. I told myself after the horrible gps and support with the captivate ill never buy another Samsung device again.

Upvote 0
I have my GS3 for three days now, love the phone, so snappy! But like OP, I do missed a few things from the HTC Evo I had for two years.

I missed the HTC Task and To Do List widget. I downloaded a few similar app from Play store, but it is not as good as the HTC ones in my opinion, missed these so much.

I also don't like the way Gallery was set up, I can't scroll to the end of a Gallery (maybe I just don't know how). I have folders with up to 2000+ pictures, so without the scroll, it takes some time for me to scroll to the end of the folder.

I don't like the stock calendar and e-mail app. I don't like the layout of the calendar app, but I guess I'll get used to it. For the e-mail, I just switch to the yahoo email app instead, but I missed the HTC email app, where I can have all my yahoo and hotmail email together. And easier to switch from one account to the next.

With all the above said, I still love my new GS3!

Upvote 0
I understand starting a thread titled like this if your returning it for techinical issues, but telling everyone your returning it just b/c you couldn't figure it out & only after 2 days, is this really worth a thread? It just gives people another reason to be negative regarding the device, when it's all said & done it's really just a " user error. "

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, i don't mean to be that guy, but i dont get how its so hard to adjust to another overlay of the same OS? I've had no problems transitioning over from HTC. The core principles are still the same and the only thing i can think of is how they handle settings etc. Which takes 2 seconds to figure out.

Sheesh.

Some people just prefer the look and feel of HTC Sense, myself included. Sure you could adjust or even do without things, but it just won't be the same. :)

Upvote 0

This comes from someone that owned a Thunderbolt for a week and returned it because it was too large? Thunderbolt has a 4.3" screen, S3 has 4.8". No wonder you didn't like it. Not sure why you would have purchased such a large phone if 4.3" was too big for you before.

Reactions: Stormlight
Upvote 0
I can see the OP's position. For those that like the ease/assistance of an interface (like me) HTC sense really rocks. I had the Nexus for a week and returned because I wasn't diggin' the whole "pure" google android experience. There were some things features I would have liked to have of the box but, but found that those things were part of the Sense UI that weren't there now. BUT, I have to guess that most of the UI featues are still there somewhere in Touchwiz

I have a HTC Rezound now and I'm sure I'll be able to adjust to TouchWis.

Bit if anyone can tell me what major things are different with this UI fromk Sense?

Upvote 0
I came from the Evo and know what you mean. Touchwiz makes you say what the hell....but is full of features and is confusing....I'm slowly getting used to it there was a point were I preferred my evo then my the S3 because is user friendly.....(WTH?)

i have mine for about 2 weeks and is still not enough time to get used to it....
2 Days honestly is not enough days to get used to it...its not even enough time to show it off....

But its up to you and I understand you should of gave it more time til your brain gets into the habit of were everything is at.

Upvote 0
I understand starting a thread titled like this if your returning it for techinical issues, but telling everyone your returning it just b/c you couldn't figure it out & only after 2 days, is this really worth a thread? It just gives people another reason to be negative regarding the device, when it's all said & done it's really just a " user error. "

Agree you would think you would at least play with one in store before throwing down $$ on a device...

Upvote 0
I had the original galaxy (captivate) and i couldn't get used to HTC Sense (tried the Inspire). I gave it another shot with the HOX. I love it but using Apex launcher. I'll see how Samsung upgrades to 4.1 for me to decide on the next galaxy phone. I told myself after the horrible gps and support with the captivate ill never buy another Samsung device again.

I migrated from the Cappy to the SG3 and have been overwhelmed by the difference. I felt as you did about the laggy Cappy and how could Samsung release such a phone. I am not sure it is any worse than any other Android from that vintage. However the SG3 is at a different level and you will feel differently about Samsung after giving it a try!

Upvote 0
I'm most likely going to be returning mine as well. HTC does such a better job with their UI and build quality. I'm also annoyed that there's no internet pass through mode. I'm going to give it a few days before making a final decisions but as it stands now, my Thunderbolt is a better phone even though it can't match up in the specs department.

Upvote 0
I'm most likely going to be returning mine as well. HTC does such a better job with their UI and build quality. I'm also annoyed that there's no internet pass through mode. I'm going to give it a few days before making a final decisions but as it stands now, my Thunderbolt is a better phone even though it can't match up in the specs department.

That is ICS not samsung( the internet pass through mode)

Upvote 0

I can understand HTC does have really good build quality, but I won't be keeping mine for over a year anyway. Technology is changing so fast I don't know why any geek would :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones