1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Returning the phone! question?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wingy999, Jan 11, 2010.

1. wingy999

wingy999 Newbie

Hi
    If i return the phone back to google do i have to pay a restocking fee. or do i get 14 days distance sellers rights. Not made my mind up yet but just could do with some advice.

cheers

2. oniongirl

oniongirl Android Enthusiast

I don't think there is a charge if you are in the UK, but otherwise I believe you may have to pay $45. Or twice that if it's been engraved.

3. seeking

seeking Well-Known Member

i heard you can not return it if its engraved

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Extreme Android User

wow, there way of sticking you wit it!

5. nyfinest32

nyfinest32 Member

they tell u when u choose engraving that you cannot return it

6. oniongirl

oniongirl Android Enthusiast

yup, completely misread that bit.

but short of it is if residing in the US, you have to pay $45 to return and you won't get your shipping fees back (though I think it's free shipping to US?). If you're in the EU, no fee is payable and you get your shipping back. Not sure about how you'd reclaim VAT though.

7. dfdff

dfdff Lurker

why do you want to return? every issues would be solved,and still a great phone.

8. ButcherChop

ButcherChop Newbie

No. HTC was willing to take my phone back even with the engraving. they were going to charge me $90 for the return. I called Citibank and they put a freeze on it. Only because the 3G issue and poor reception issue wasnt resolved on my phone so it was deemed "DEFECTIVE". Only way I can see it returned without a fee.

9. ButcherChop

ButcherChop Newbie

PS. I like the phone a lot but I'm really considering returning it only because i hate virtual keyboards. I remember after buying my iPhone i told myself I'd never buy another phone with a virtual keyboard. And then i ran out and bought this one. Ugggh.

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews