1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

returning to home page. htc hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikebellamy2k, Oct 31, 2009.

1. mikebellamy2k

mikebellamy2k Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    i was wondering how to quickly return to the builtin browsers homepage on the hero phone. is there a menu option i'm missing as i seem to have to repetedly press the back button to get back to my selected homepage. also when i close the browser it reopens on the last page i viewed.

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

3. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

There's no option to return to the homepage that I've found. I just have it bookmarked myself. Eventually the browser closes itself. What it's timeout is I don't know. Also if you force close the Browser with a Task Manager, it will return to the homepage the next time it's open.

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    The only way appears to be either starting the browser afresh (after a phone restart, for example) or using the following:

Open the browser. Press "menu". Press "Windows". Tap on the "+" to create a new browser window; all browser windows created in this manner go to the home page. You can optionally close the previously opened window.

That's the only way I've found, so, since it's such a pain, I too just keep a bookmark to the home page.

Hope this helps,

jim

Tags: