• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Returning to Stock help....

joe5150

Oct 27, 2013
About 6 or 7 months ago whole trying to install a KitKat ROM on my DZ I bricked it somehow. From what I can recall of the circumstances I tried to flash the KitKat ROM with an older version of CWM that did not support 4.4.x roms . I was kinda a newb at the time so I may have panicked and wiped the system files in an attempt to get it going again. It is a T-Mobile variant. My buddy needs a phone for a few days till his new one arrives so I am attempting to get this one running for him to use in the mean time. I can get into H-boot (boot loader) and want to simply flash stock firmware so I've got the "Shippedroms" .zip download for my device but don't know how to install it. If I attempt to power up the phone it hangs at the white screen with the green HTC logo permanently so I cannot get into it that way. I can enter boot loader like I said but there is no recovery installed not even the stock one. Where do I go from here?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones