• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reverb bootloop after nandroid

tavisc

Aug 29, 2012
Hi guys. My girlfriends Reverb is stuck in a bootloop. She's always complaining that it's slow, so this morning I convinced her to let me flash a custom rom (Partytime.) I had her turn it off, then rebooted into recovery so I could nandroid. CWM failed to create it, so I flashed TWRP, which created the backup with no problem. However, her phone is now stuck in a boot loop. I didn't wipe anything, just flashed the new recovery and made the nandroid. I'm at a loss as far as what to do. I'm tempted to just flash Partytime, but I'd like to figure out why it bootloops, in case I need to go back to the nandroid. Any ideas?

*Edit*

As for the bootloop, it boots past the VM animation, and makes the bootup noise. It gets stuck at the word "Samsung." It pulses blue, and the keyboard light is on, but it's been doing that for around 10 minutes now, with no sign of completing the boot.

*edit edit*

It just finished booting, seconds after I finished the first edit. I have no idea why/what happened.

Hi guys. My girlfriends Reverb is stuck in a bootloop. She's always complaining that it's slow, so this morning I convinced her to let me flash a custom rom (Partytime.) I had her turn it off, then rebooted into recovery so I could nandroid. CWM failed to create it, so I flashed TWRP, which created the backup with no problem. However, her phone is now stuck in a boot loop. I didn't wipe anything, just flashed the new recovery and made the nandroid. I'm at a loss as far as what to do. I'm tempted to just flash Partytime, but I'd like to figure out why it bootloops, in case I need to go back to the nandroid. Any ideas?

*Edit*

As for the bootloop, it boots past the VM animation, and makes the bootup noise. It gets stuck at the word "Samsung." It pulses blue, and the keyboard light is on, but it's been doing that for around 10 minutes now, with no sign of completing the boot.

*edit edit*

It just finished booting, seconds after I finished the first edit. I have no idea why/what happened.

Sometimes after reflashing/restoring it takes a long long time for the first boot to finish. One of my backups took about a half hour to boot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones