1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Reverse camera cloudy?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nyrblue35, Aug 4, 2011.

1. nyrblue35

nyrblue35 Member
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    I guess the samsung gods are getting even with me for complaining about the limits of the reverse camera. For some reason it looks as though the lens is partially blocked. i can see a corner of the screen of the image Im trying to capture. i didnt get this phone wet. I can even peel back the screen protector(zagg) and there is nothing on the lens. Has anyone had this issue at all? Phone is only a few months old.

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Can you post a picture to show what you mean? Is this the front facing camera? Could it be oil / dirt accumulating over the camera?

3. nyrblue35

nyrblue35 Member
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    nothing on the screen at all. i even removed the screen protector as well. they have to repair it at sprint. they said its fixable but the tech that can repair it isnt in until monday so i have to wait. the regular camera is fine, its the reverse lens. looks like something is blocking it. sucks. i didnt get the insurance so i have to wait it out but at least its fixable in house. just silly how it just happened.

4. nyrblue35

nyrblue35 Member
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Well I had to wait a few days but Im glad I did. The tech at the sprint store took it and after an hour called me back to tell me the camera needed to be replaced and it would be 30 bucks. I told him I will just it back to samsung and have them activate my old phone temporarily. I didn't want to spend any money that I didnt have so he understood. He asked if I wanted him to attempt to clean it. Apparently the phone got hot and some glue ran over the lens of the front facing camera. I said sure, thanks. Well I got the phone back and its as good as new. There was no bill so I tipped the guy enough to get a decent lunch. Id rather give him the money than have to wait and send the phone to samsung. ;)