1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Reverse sync for music?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by qpqpzmzm, Aug 20, 2012.

1. qpqpzmzm

qpqpzmzm Newbie

Greetings,

I am new to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and was forced to convert when my prior HTC phone died.

I just found out I could remove my mini SD card from my old phone and put it in my new phone which was good news as I had most of my files stored on my SD card and not on the phone's internal memory.

So when I installed it into my Galaxy I can now see most of my old files.

SO question 1 :

- I had over 200 songs on my old phone's SD card (I can view them now still there) but the last time I used windows media to back it up I only had about 70. So when I hooked up my new phone to Windows Media it automatically synced to my phone the 70 songs that were already on Windows media.

Now that I have my old SD card with over 200 songs, I want those as well. I was trying to get them onto Windows Media and hoped then it would sync onto my phone but I cannot figure out how to get them off the old SD and into WM which I guess is called reverse syncing?? Is the only option to identify the songs one by one and manually drag and drop across?

I downloaded Double Twist to both devices hoping it would solve the issue but it just grabbed the same 70 songs and not the ones from my old SD card.

Any help appreciated.

FYI, the two internal cards for my new phone show up as extSdCard (which appears to be my old card) and sdcard (which appears to be the new phones internal card.

Thx in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. qpqpzmzm

qpqpzmzm Newbie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews