• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I found an article on how to revert the GSII back to 2.3.5. It was written with the idea of people updating to that version, but I figured it could work when reverting too. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm tempted to do it, as my ICS is screwed up and factory reset did nothing. Link below. Thanks.

How To Update Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 with Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware - Android Advices

Android 2.3.5 was never officially released for the AT&T SGS2, so you would be better off flashing 2.3.4 (or 2.3.6 if you can find it) instead. Follow the directions at [GUIDE] How to Prepare Your Phone to Return to the Store or for Warranty Replacement - xda-developers to do this.

Upvote 0
I found an article on how to revert the GSII back to 2.3.5. It was written with the idea of people updating to that version, but I figured it could work when reverting too. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm tempted to do it, as my ICS is screwed up and factory reset did nothing. Link below. Thanks.

How To Update Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 with Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware - Android Advices

I, instead, rooted and flashed CM9 (ICS 4.0.4). It works perfectly. No issues... (and I get full ICS - i777's ICS is a wannabe to tell you the truth)

Upvote 0
It was written with the idea of people updating to that version, but I figured it could work when reverting too. Anyone have any thoughts?

It won't work. That's a updater, not a full rom, and it was only ever intended to be applied to a stock phone running 2.3.4. You can flash back to stock gingerbread with this one-click Odin file.

Reactions: dragula2012
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones