• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root revert hero stock rom

fumusic

May 7, 2010
i just bought a htc desire and i am looking to sell my htc hero. unfortunately i have rooted my hero and installed the 2.2 villain rom. i want to revert it back to stock rom before i sell it. i went to the htc site and i downloaded the stock rom and installed htc sync on my pc. the site states that i should have htc sync on my sd card too but i don't know how to do this. any help please?

i just bought a htc desire and i am looking to sell my htc hero. unfortunately i have rooted my hero and installed the 2.2 villain rom. i want to revert it back to stock rom before i sell it. i went to the htc site and i downloaded the stock rom and installed htc sync on my pc. the site states that i should have htc sync on my sd card too but i don't know how to do this. any help please?

HTC sync is available on their site. you can also find a link to HTC sync in my htc hero root tutorial found on Bak 2 Basiks | Music, Movies, Sports, Games, and Tech. All Bak 2 Basiks!.

once you install HTC sync you will plug in your phone. once HTC sync recognizes the phone you can run teh exe file that you download of the default hero firmware and install it by double clicking on it and following the next next next...

If i understand correctly you already have HTC sync downloaded. you don't need it on your SD card just install it on ur PC. and then plug in youe phone. once recognised in sync, then run the exe file that is the firmware.

Upvote 0
So if you installed a custom rom, the easy way to go back to your default rom is to download it from htc site (using your sn) and install it? You don't need to restore the recovery image taken from the phone when you did the whole process of installing a custom rom?

I want to know this because i've flashed my phone and who knows, maybe some day i will want to go stock and i don't know how to do it.

Some people say that "going back to stock rom is a lot of hassle and can be time consuming" but you guys say it here that this is a easy job.

How come? Thanks

Upvote 0
I've a question about returning to stock roms.

I'm running SenseHero2.1 at the moment.

Is it possible to get the image for the official Orange Rom and install it using the AmonRa recovery image as you would with any other custom rom, or do you have to use the .exe that is provided by HTC?

The reason I ask is that I went back to the official ROM a while ago to check if there was an OTA update, but it was a pain to get back to the rooted custom ROM.

I was thinking that if I could install the official ROM using AmonRa, then if there was no update, I could nandroid back to the SenseHero ROM.

Is this even possible?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones