1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Revert to factory configuration

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tirespin, Feb 11, 2011.

1. tirespin

tirespin Lurker

I need to take my HTC Incredible in to the Verizon store to have a repair, but I have rooted it and installed wifi tethering. How do I revert it back to a factory configuration?

I used Unrevoked3, which put on Clockworkmod and gave me a "superuser" app. I then installed wifi tethering. I'd like to have all that go away. I'm a newby to all this, I got it all to work just blindly following install instructions I found here, but I can't find uninstall info. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. superchaos

superchaos Android Enthusiast

You need to turn S-On first. Then flash the PB31IMG Do not make the same mistake I made and flash the PB31IMG first. It is difficult to fix

public:forever [RootWiki]

Make sure you find an uncorrupted version of the PB31IMG zip. Here are some simple instructions (this leaves out the S-On step since this method only does a temp unroot)
    public:forever [RootWiki]

3. kidhudi

kidhudi Member

is there a step by step process or better yet a video that illistrates this entire process? it was my understanding that all i was to do is flash this PB311 file and everything would be back to normal. thank GOD i didn't. i don't really have plans to unroot but if it is neccessary i would love to know the correct procedure.
    thanks bro