• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Revert to old Firmware??

Firmware or OTA update? Firmware is the android OS isn't it? I'd like to remove the last OTA update as it caused some problems with my phone.

Firmware has nothing to do with the software update, which I'm sure the OP is describing. I think 1.47 is rooted now though. So ultimately you could root, then flash a rom still on 1.32 I believe it was

Upvote 0
From everything I've been reading today the 1.47 update can't be removed.

Let me see if I've got this right though. You can root 1.47 and then use a rom that is still based on 1.32 there by 'tricking' the phone into thinking it's running on 1.32 but is still really running on 1.47?

I'm new to rooting so I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the terms and stuff.

Upvote 0
From everything I've been reading today the 1.47 update can't be removed.

Let me see if I've got this right though. You can root 1.47 and then use a rom that is still based on 1.32 there by 'tricking' the phone into thinking it's running on 1.32 but is still really running on 1.47?

I'm new to rooting so I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the terms and stuff.

no it would not be still running on 1.47, it would be running 1.32

roms are basically customized firmware. firmware is the android software installed. so when you root you gain access to the parts of the phone that developer's need to make the phone work. after you root (unlock), you will do a backup of the rooted firmware. this backup would be rooted 1.47. then you flash the rom (load the new firmware) and you are running THAT rom and not anything else. it's like when you update from windows xp to windows 7. once you load windows 7, there is no xp on your computer. you are replacing ONE version of firmware to another (in this case you are trading rooted stock rom w/1.47 for a rom w/1.32)

this is why people love root: you can get find roms that you like, you can remove crap that you don't like, you can make your phone do things you never thought it could, and if you are geeky you can probably create something really awesome.

Reactions: Mabster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones