• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reverting the phone back to its original state.

Hi, I'm in desperate need of help.

Normally I don't get baffled by things like this, but this is one of the few times I desperately need help with.
About 5 hours ago I install CyanogenMod 9 (and the GAPPs) because I thought I would have enjoy it more then just the normal things on the Triumph.
Sadly, I had mistaken. I don't like how I can't use my cameras nor does the Wifi work. I tried to do factory resets and deleted everything off my SD and tried the Clockwork Recovery to restore my phone (says MD5 mismatch?) but it didn't work. I have been working on how to fix this for 2 hours by searching to fix this and I simply can not. I normally don't get frustrated by things like this, but it's just beyond my control it seems. If someone can help I'll be forever in debt.

Again, if you can help, please and thank you so much!

Did you make a nandroid backup in CWM before flashing CM9? Well, if you deleted everything from your SDcard, I guess that won't be much help. If you have that recovery image saved somewhere on your computer, you can still flash back to stock.
Although I've never done this, this may be a solution:
http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...de-100-stock-motorola-triumph-newb-proof.html
It should allow you to revert to stock 2.2 by using a stock recovery that someone else made.
Don't panic. Just make sure to download all of the files and read the instructions very carefully. Good luck!

P.S.
The thread for CM9 clearly says that the camera is not working (it's not working yet for any 4.0-based ROM). However, the wifi should be working, but it's possible that you've encountered a bug.
In the future, if you plan on flashing a new rom, make sure you make a backup, and *save a copy of it on your computer*.

Upvote 0
Did you make a nandroid backup in CWM before flashing CM9? Well, if you deleted everything from your SDcard, I guess that won't be much help. If you have that recovery image saved somewhere on your computer, you can still flash back to stock.
Although I've never done this, this may be a solution:
http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...de-100-stock-motorola-triumph-newb-proof.html
It should allow you to revert to stock 2.2 by using a stock recovery that someone else made.
Don't panic. Just make sure to download all of the files and read the instructions very carefully. Good luck!

P.S.
The thread for CM9 clearly says that the camera is not working (it's not working yet for any 4.0-based ROM). However, the wifi should be working, but it's possible that you've encountered a bug.
In the future, if you plan on flashing a new rom, make sure you make a backup, and *save a copy of it on your computer*.

Well, I did backup my SD card on my computer, I was just making a reference to deleting everything off of it in hopes that would help remove this mod.
I did make a backup of everything on ClockworkMod, not sure if it was Nandroid or not, however. It says there is a mismatched
The camera issue I read after I install it, so that was a bit of a fail on my part ._.
I've tried putting the old recovery file on my phone, that didn't work.
Thank you for the link, however! I'll look into that now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones