• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reverting to 1.5 if needed

If you make/made a nandroid backup before you try/tried the 2.1 ROM, restoring that will give you your 1.5 back (with all your apps/sms messages and so on that you had before rooting). It also makes it easy should you want to try any custom ROMs in the future.

Installing an official firmware release via the PC will also get you 1.5 back, but you'll lose all your stuff like you did a factory reset. And you'll have to start from the beginning when it comes to rooting/custom ROMs.

Upvote 0
If you make/made a nandroid backup before you try/tried the 2.1 ROM, restoring that will give you your 1.5 back (with all your apps/sms messages and so on that you had before rooting). It also makes it easy should you want to try any custom ROMs in the future.

Installing an official firmware release via the PC will also get you 1.5 back, but you'll lose all your stuff like you did a factory reset. And you'll have to start from the beginning when it comes to rooting/custom ROMs.

so installing an official firmware from pc unroots your phone & sets it back...so its that easy, i thought you had to do some unrooting first etc.

i checked & i have my first nanroid backup which i done after i rooted phone but before i installed the custom rom, thats what the instruction steps told you to do so i hope that will still work???

Upvote 0
I've never had to reinstall the stock firmware but yeah, apparently you just install like you would if the phone wasn't running custom firmware.

Yeah, if you restore that nandroid backup your phone will be exactly as you left it (and so the official firmware but rooted). You leave behind the recovery menu too obviously.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones