• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review: 2A wall/car dual chargers from iSmooth

twister6

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
Yep, it's the same iSmooth | Home known for their screen protectors :) At first I was very skeptical because they are listed for Apple products, both dual port chargers with 2.1A and 1A - typical for iPad and iPhone/iPod devices. While talking to Paul, the guy behind iSmooth, he mentioned about using it to charge his Note 2 without any issues.

I got both of them, and can report they work perfectly with our Note 2. I can use either 2A or 1A ports to charge GN2 while still have other port used by another device, either android or apple. So functionally it definitely works. Another thing I noticed, 2A port charges the phone pretty fast, and when I connected iPod Touch to 1A port, the charge rate seems to be relative the same which suggests they don't share load where with some other chargers both ports are forced to 1A.

The construction of both is very solid, these are not cheap plastic chargers. Wall charger actually has substantial weight which suggest quality electrical components. Both have white/black theme, works with my UAG Navigator lol!!! Wall charger has a blue light indicator while car charger has a glowing blue ring. I tried capturing everything in picture details below. One thing that makes it unique, wall charger has a release latch to remove the electric plug. Once you do that, you have symmetrical 2-pin universal plug you can find on a ton of your devices around the house, like laptop ac-adapter or printer plugs. I actually used one from my laptop ac-adapter (not included with wall charger, obviously), but still a neat idea for extension cord. if your electrical outlet far away. But in general, wall plug is very slim and should fit without obstruct any other device plugged next to it.

The only drawback, wall charger is sold out on Amazon and I have been told it will take a few months before its back in stock. Oh, also forgot to mention - both wall and car charger come with 10 year free replacement guarantee. That is insane confidence of the product quality.

Ok, so here are the pics:

ismooth_charger-1_zps880f85b1.jpg

ismooth_charger-2_zps13ded132.jpg

ismooth_charger-3_zpsdbc5cb8a.jpg

ismooth_charger-4_zps96114dba.jpg

ismooth_charger-5_zps47a6e62a.jpg

ismooth_charger-6_zpsbe997db5.jpg

ismooth_charger-7_zps1702b89f.jpg

ismooth_charger-8_zps86a3cdf8.jpg

ismooth_charger-9_zps9ebf41e3.jpg

Thanks for the review! i like the addition of a second port, thats pretty nifty! plus the build quality seems superb. if i was an avid user of more than one device that needed charging via USB, i would consider this purchase. but seeing as my OEM wall charger from samsung has a 2 amp output, she'll do for now ;) Thanks again bud!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones