• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

review: case-mate w/ stand for gs2

pogiewun

Jul 18, 2010
purchased from amazon.com for $32.48 USD including shipping and handling.

i personally love the case. its not as bulky as everyone says it is. the GS2 is a lil too slim in my opinion and this case makes it a suitable size for me. fitment is almost perfect...i say almost because it seems like the hole for the speakers are slightly misaligned(shown in the picture below). the camera, 3.5mm jack and the micro usb holes are a perfect fit. the volume and power buttons are easy to press while in the casing. the black shiny plastic is very durable, but does show smudges if you have greasy or oily hands. the cool grey rubber provides grip and is placed perfectly along the sides and frontal rim of the casing. here are some pics:

IMG_3345.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

I tried one on at an AT&T store, and it made the phone very bulky. Also, the lil kickstand wouldn't stay put when it was pushed back into the case. This was a brand new, still in the packaging case, and the kickstand was already having issues.

IMO, this case is bulky and not well made. Certainly not worth that price.

Upvote 0
I tried one on at an AT&T store, and it made the phone very bulky. Also, the lil kickstand wouldn't stay put when it was pushed back into the case. This was a brand new, still in the packaging case, and the kickstand was already having issues.

IMO, this case is bulky and not well made. Certainly not worth that price.

I agree, that case seemed like junk to me

Upvote 0
Bulky case= added protection. (in my humble opinion).
No problems with the stand so far, it stays put ad supports nicely the phone (you may use it hand-free while in landscape, while in vertical it will slide away).
The rubber sides surely help the grip.
My specific case IS well made and nice to look at, maybe a defective product ended in your hands.
But maybe it's just my cup of tea..

Upvote 0
These bulky cases make no sense to me. I saw a guy with one of those ballistic cases for his SGS2, and I was almost personally insulted. I understand some protection, but completely ruining the appearance of the phone is just too much for me. Enjoy your phone, don't mistake it for a child and don't be an overprotective phone parent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones