• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review: Cheap eBay Car Mount (A/C vent)

Just got it today, took about 2 seconds to install... so far love it. This is the $2.99 or cheaper car mount for the HTC EVO 4G shipped from Hong Kong. Here's a few pics of it installed. I haven't got to take a ride yet with it installed but it's very sturdy and I pulled pretty hard and it didn't want to let go of the a/c vent. Only issue I can see is the phone getting to cold from the a/c vent... but is that possible?

(Sorry the pics have that white space on them... the sun was wicked this morning when I was snapping the photos and I couldn't get away from it in all the angles)

b057f612.jpg

859d2433.jpg

97c041e1.jpg

dee047f5.jpg

6d209fbd.jpg

Tiny package... packed like it could survive a plane crash. Seriously it seemed water tight from all the packing tape they used.
8cef67cd.jpg

Reactions: tracerit
I'll add a few pictures hopefully if my co-worker and I goto lunch today so I can show you the phone mounted in. Kinda hard to take a picture of the phone with the phone :)...

Also you phone MUST be naked to work in this and there is NO room for anything... I have a few little android vinyls on the back of my evo and they kinda interfere with the holder... it's that tight

7d1f7aa6.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones