1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Review: Cheap eBay Car Mount (A/C vent)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZNA03, Aug 11, 2010.

1. ZNA03

ZNA03 Member

Just got it today, took about 2 seconds to install... so far love it. This is the $2.99 or cheaper car mount for the HTC EVO 4G shipped from Hong Kong. Here's a few pics of it installed. I haven't got to take a ride yet with it installed but it's very sturdy and I pulled pretty hard and it didn't want to let go of the a/c vent. Only issue I can see is the phone getting to cold from the a/c vent... but is that possible?

(Sorry the pics have that white space on them... the sun was wicked this morning when I was snapping the photos and I couldn't get away from it in all the angles)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tiny package... packed like it could survive a plane crash. Seriously it seemed water tight from all the packing tape they used.
    [​IMG]

tracerit likes this.
  2. ZNA03

ZNA03 Member

I'll add a few pictures hopefully if my co-worker and I goto lunch today so I can show you the phone mounted in. Kinda hard to take a picture of the phone with the phone :)...

Also you phone MUST be naked to work in this and there is NO room for anything... I have a few little android vinyls on the back of my evo and they kinda interfere with the holder... it's that tight

[​IMG]

3. tracerit

tracerit Android Enthusiast

i had that same style vent mount piece for my touch pro 2 and it's pretty good. doesn't slide around like most due to the spring action clip.

4. rotorrocket

rotorrocket Newbie

thanks for the review. Waiting for this car mount and the Clingo vent mount...

5. ZNA03

ZNA03 Member

No problem, I drove with it during lunch. Hit the highway and my lowered truck hits bumps pretty hard and the mount held perfectly. Got the internal temps down to 70 as well :)

I've give this mount a 4.5 out of 5. Because i've only had it a few hours and i'm betting on it holding up for a good amount of time.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews