• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Review][Cimo Technologies] S-Line Soft Shell Clear TPU Case

Kelmar

Done by choice
Nov 28, 2009
Cimo Technologies S-Line Soft Shell Clear TPU Case Review

I've owned a TON of cellphones over the years. Oddly enough, they've all been hard cases and this is the first TPU case I've ever owned. TPU, for those like me who had never owned one, is essentially a pliable plastic that is sturdy but not firm. It's almost a perfect mix between silicone (arguably too soft) and a hard plastic.

Packaging:
Having never owned a TPU case before I was worried when the package arrived and it was in a brown envelope with bubble wrap. I quickly found that the packaging really wouldn't have mattered due to the nature of the TPU case material.

The Case:
As mentioned above, this case is unlike any other case I've ever owned before and to be completely honest, I kind of like it!

kelmar-albums-droid-razr-cimo-tpu-case-picture4763-a.gif

The case I got was clear so that I could continue to see the beautiful lines, colors and design of the Droid Razr. As can be seen in the picture above, nearly the entirety of this case is clear and part of the back is a translucent.

kelmar-albums-droid-razr-cimo-tpu-case-picture4768-a.gif

Initially I HATED the the S-Line design but quickly grew to appreciate and ultimately LOVE the S-Line design because the different "colors" also had different textures. The textures were a great bonus as the texture I want for holding the phone is different than the texture I wanted for pulling the phone out of my pocket.

kelmar-albums-droid-razr-cimo-tpu-case-picture4764-a.gif

Speaking of texture, both sides of the case have a molded grip. This was a fantastic addition to the case and made holding case much convenient and pleasurable!!!

kelmar-albums-droid-razr-cimo-tpu-case-picture4766-a.gif

The case covers the power button and volume keys but allows full access to them. The volume keys are much easier to find and use than they were on a naked phone.

Installation and Fit:
Installation was a breeze. Really not much to say.

kelmar-albums-droid-razr-cimo-tpu-case-picture4765-a.gif

Fit is perfect! All cutouts are well done and do not interfere with operation of the phone, charger, headphones, etc. There is also a cutout for the SD Card and Sim Card slot.

Unfortunately, there was not a hole for the second microphone on the back of the phone. According to those I made test phone calls with (car, work, home), this was not an issue. Those who purchase this case may want to poke a hole through the case to allow the second noise-cancelling microphone to be beneficial.

kelmar-albums-droid-razr-cimo-tpu-case-picture4769-a.gif

I also noticed that the power button is easier to find but that it can be a little more difficult to press and can cause the case to bow a little at the front near the screen.

Overall:
This is a FANTASTIC case! Due to the nature of the material, it is sure to show wear and tear after time, especially with a clear case like the one that I'm reviewing.

Amazon currently has these cases on sale for $5.95 (which is a STEAL in my opinion) and are available in a variety of colors and styles (S-Line and plain).

Go get yours here!

Reactions: milkshed27 and ifh

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones