1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Review for Seidio Charging Cradle/Dock for EVO 3D

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rose4uKy, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Android Expert

May 6, 2010
    Kentucky

I reviewed a Seidio ACTIVE Case last month and Seidio asked if I would review their Desktop Charging Cradle which I was more than happy to do.

Came home from work the other night and the box was in front of my door. Opened it up to find the charging cradle, a USB cable, and another little black attachment add on in case you want to charge phone naked without a case. I previously had an EVO 4G Seidio dock so I had the AC travel charger from that. But you can use your charger that came with your phone also. If you want just the dock and the USB it's (29.95) or you can pay 10 bucks more (39.95) if you want an extra AC travel charger. I let them know I didn't need the AC travel charger as I kept mine when I gave away my EVO 4G dock. So I got a dock and a USB charger and the attachment for if you want to dock phone without case.

I have the Seidio ACTIVE case, so right away I put the case on the dock and was amazed how it went right into the docking mode. ACTIVE case fits nice and snug and was so easy to attach and is so easy to take off. I thought it was much easier than my EVO 4G one and I loved how this went right into docking mode. This also fits the SURFACE case and the SURFACE case with a kickstand which I am buying next once it comes out in some more colors. But the ACTIVE case is also a great case.

The charger plugs into the back of the dock and you a little light on the back top where it says Seidio and of course you see the red light on your phone and know it's charging. Easy directions in the box show the smartphone attachment plate and let you know the plate is for use with a naked phone. When you remove the plate, the dock fits the ACTIVE, SURFACE, SURFACE with a kickstand, and Seidio Extended Life Batteries. Bottom of dock on each side has these rubber things to keep the dock from sliding around. I really like this product and feel it's worth the money

Dock feels nice in hand I pick it up sometimes and hold it portrait scrabble games don't turn and work in Landscape mode and my phone sits in there tight. This dock and the Active case make a great pair, especially if you don't want to have to take your case off each time to dock the phone. My case fits nice and snug and it just looks so cool sitting in the dock with the dock mode on. Did I mention it goes right into dock mode when you put the phone in the dock? I keep it sitting by my bed and I use my phone for an alarm and this come in handy. No picking up the phone to turn off alarm I just touch the screen and it's right there next to me. I highly recommend this dock! I give it 5 stars when paired with my ACTIVE.

Seidio's website lists all the cases this dock works with and has pictures of the dock also at the link here http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-crdhev3d.html

Advertisement

Tags: