• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rhuston502

Apr 5, 2010
Prior to release, I remember seeing one review in particular that made such a HUUGGEE deal about how the little dots on the screen (I don't know the technical term but they have something to do with the touchscreen) and how visible they were, posting picture after picture showing the horrible looking dots. I remember a lot of people posted comments after that review dropped second-guessing their decision to get the phone.

After having my Inc for a couple weeks now, I think that I have noticed them on MAYBE two occasions, in lots of sunlight and at a weird angle. Just funny how obvious it is some people's fanboyism :)

Prior to release, I remember seeing one review in particular that made such a HUUGGEE deal about how the little dots on the screen (I don't know the technical term but they have something to do with the touchscreen) and how visible they were, posting picture after picture showing the horrible looking dots. I remember a lot of people posted comments after that review dropped second-guessing their decision to get the phone.

After having my Inc for a couple weeks now, I think that I have noticed them on MAYBE two occasions, in lots of sunlight and at a weird angle. Just funny how obvious it is some people's fanboyism :)

It is true, the dots are clearly visible if you hold the phone at about a 35 degree angle away from yourself under direct light (mostly fluorescent is when I notice it).

The dots were (and might still be) a gigantic overreaction. If anyone is worried about said dots prior to purchase I assure you it is not an issue at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones