• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review: htc.EVOlution's Evo 4G, Seidio Innocase II, Screen Protectors, Programs

ZAGG REVIEW?!?!
Ok, just finished my Zagg install. Instructions were very clear. They included sprayer to prevent dust and easy install. A squeegee which was made rubbery, not just a card.

Took me about 5 mins to do it correctly. I sprayed down my hands and the screen protector, but then I realized that the solution that they gave wasn't enough. It also dried too quickly. I had to constantly spray and apply. After 2 applications, the little sprayer seemed like it ran out of solution so I had to work my way without it.

Dust/lint? I don't know if it's my house, but every screen protector that I've put on in my life had dust in it. I couldn't avoid it. But the screen protector from ZAGG did make it easier to install. the lint doesn't give air bubbles as badly as the ones without sprayer!

The install is complete. I need to wait 24hrs for the bubbles and the stuff to dry out. Hopefully it's clear without any bubbles afterward. YES YES YES.. it's damn rubbery. Feels exactly like BodyGuardz that I have on my Touch Pro2. Perhaps a little bit more rubbery. Doesn't give fingerprints, or should I say very minimal and hardly able to tell. Orange peel? I don't see it yet, maybe after a while?

Pictures to come later! :cool:

Awesome!

Upvote 0
EVOlution, What's The Worst Thing About The Evo?

from looking at the other threads, so far it looks to be the problems some people are having with their phones recognizing the SD cards, which can interfer with other things like viewing pictures or using the camera. my gf has the mytouch3g and it does this constantly. i hope this isn't as bad of a widespread problem as that has been...

Upvote 0

Dust/lint? I don't know if it's my house, but every screen protector that I've put on in my life had dust in it. I couldn't avoid it. But the screen protector from ZAGG did make it easier to install. the lint doesn't give air bubbles as badly as the ones without sprayer!

the key to getting rid of dust/lint is to apply in your bathroom after you have had the shower going for a few mins to get it good and steamy (it takes the dust out of the air)

Upvote 0

Ultimate Screen Guard Review!

Takes extreme patience and time to do this. Very very attractive to dust and almost impossible to get the dust off when you get dust on the protector. On one side of the protector it is sticky with some kind of chemical adhesive. If you touch it with your fingers, 100% fingerprint and impossible to come off. Any lint that get's on that sticky side during application will basically cause you 10 mins running water and washing the protector with soap!

I tried hard to install it. Got lint, fingerprint, dust, everything you can think of. Washed it off and tried again... Same Thing... The cutout also is weird near the speakerphone side. It's not wide enough no matter how much I tried to align it.

I was finally able to get the screen protector on with almost 0 dust. Once on, it's very clear on the screen. It doesn't have any anti-fingerprint protector on it. It still attracts fingerprint like normal. Screen usage and touch screen all normal... Nothing affected by the protector on the screen. No orange peel look. No rubbery feel. No rainbow marks.

Overall, nice screen protector... Use caution and extreme caution because of dust. Use some spray water if you have it. Last but not least, be patient

ZAGG REVIEW?!?!
Ok, just finished my Zagg install. Instructions were very clear. They included sprayer to prevent dust and easy install. A squeegee which was made rubbery, not just a card.

Took me about 5 mins to do it correctly. I sprayed down my hands and the screen protector, but then I realized that the solution that they gave wasn't enough. It also dried too quickly. I had to constantly spray and apply. After 2 applications, the little sprayer seemed like it ran out of solution so I had to work my way without it.

The install is complete. I need to wait 24hrs for the bubbles and the stuff to dry out. Hopefully it's clear without any bubbles afterward. YES YES YES.. it's damn rubbery. Feels exactly like BodyGuardz that I have on my Touch Pro2. Perhaps a little bit more rubbery. Doesn't give fingerprints, or should I say very minimal and hardly able to tell. Orange peel? I don't see it yet, maybe after a while?

both of these are exact reasons why i won't do screen protectors that come with any type of solution. STATIC CLING FTW!

also, you might wanna try the bathroom trick for all the dust and such. just go in the bathroom, steam it up really good, then try installing.

edit:
yeah i see someone already suggested that
Dont want to trigger any if the water sensors that are built in the phone becaue of the steamy environment

you dont have to get it really steamy and you can turn the shower off and wait a few mins, the main reason you do this is b/c the steam takes the crap out of the air.

yah you won't trigger the water sensors from steam...not unless it's like a freaking sauna or something in there! :eek:

Upvote 0
5.28.10 - 8:10AM PST
Idled for about 9hrs. Still have 92% battery life. I have 2 gmail accounts using the built in gMail app. received 5 emails over the idling period. I have notification on (sound + vibrate) when email comes in. Battery doing very well with ATK running and killing task!

i'd like to see you do a battery test without using ATK to see what the diff would be either way, if you haven't done so already

Upvote 0
htc.EVOlution, there is something you can do to help install screen protectors more easily. I've found it makes it a lot easier if you do it in a bathroom by turning the shower on hot and leaving it run for a minute, the steam helps get rid of the particles in the air that get under it. I've installed several using this method and there's practically nothing under the protector.

Upvote 0
i'd like to see you do a battery test without using ATK to see what the diff would be either way, if you haven't done so already

+1 do it just for the heck of it to see if theres any difference at all

will do that tonight
NO ATK! ~Battery Log!
I Uninstalled ATK and will do a quick battery test tonight.
uninstalled @ 11:14... turned off the phone and rebooted. Power on @ 11:17pm. Logged at 42% left. It will stay idled from now til I wake up. see how much battery it will run down without ATK!

Upvote 0
zagg review
ok, just finished my zagg install. Instructions were very clear. They included sprayer to prevent dust and easy install. A squeegee which was made rubbery, not just a card.

Took me about 5 mins to do it correctly. I sprayed down my hands and the screen protector, but then i realized that the solution that they gave wasn't enough. It also dried too quickly. I had to constantly spray and apply. After 2 applications, the little sprayer seemed like it ran out of solution so i had to work my way without it.

Dust/lint? I don't know if it's my house, but every screen protector that i've put on in my life had dust in it. I couldn't avoid it. But the screen protector from zagg did make it easier to install. The lint doesn't give air bubbles as badly as the ones without sprayer!

The install is complete. I need to wait 24hrs for the bubbles and the stuff to dry out. Hopefully it's clear without any bubbles afterward. Yes yes yes.. It's damn rubbery. Feels exactly like bodyguardz that i have on my touch pro2. Perhaps a little bit more rubbery. Doesn't give fingerprints, or should i say very minimal and hardly able to tell. Orange peel? I don't see it yet, maybe after a while?

Pictures to come later! :cool:

zagg update!
Hate to do this... Not recommended to be used with two part slide in cases! Therefore, I highly do not recommend using it with Seidio Case. I applied the screen protector almost perfectly (minus the dust). When sliding the case in, the protector is pretty thick and the case would catch the edge of the screen protector and lift up the edge of the screen protector (almost like a paper jam). This causes air bubbles and you would need to use a flat card to squeeze them out again. Happened to me 3 times today. Even after 10 hrs cure, the Zagg protector didn't stick enough to the screen.

Gives a horrible rubber feel. Horrible for pinch to zoom and two finger zoom out. Kills the feel of scrolling PERIOD!... Too sticky for typing!
it's FML and I will remove it as soon as I find another protector to use.

Upvote 0
NO ATK! ~Battery Log!
I Uninstalled ATK and will do a quick battery test tonight.
uninstalled @ 11:14... turned off the phone and rebooted. Power on @ 11:17pm. Logged at 42% left. It will stay idled from now til I wake up. see how much battery it will run down without ATK!
Mini update! Woke up @ 8:20ish... The battery indicator showed 32%. Browsed the web for 10 mins, the battery dropped down to 17%... that doesn't really fit my battery trend when i was using ATK!

Upvote 0
Mini update! Woke up @ 8:20ish... The battery indicator showed 32%. Browsed the web for 10 mins, the battery dropped down to 17%... that doesn't really fit my battery trend when i was using ATK!

Wait. So In Less Than 10 Hours, The Battery Went From 42% To 32% To 17%? Damn! We Need To Tell Everyone To Get ATK!

Reactions: jgangsta
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones