• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review: Motorokr T505 and Seido Case

superdesi

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2009
Spent some time with my new accessories and felt it was time to give my respects and provide a review.

Motorokr T505:

motorokr_t505.jpg

Its a small device that connects to your phone through bluetooth. The device has a mic and a speaker allowing you hands-free communication in your car. The device is not a earpiece but a module that comes with adhesive velcro strips that can be used to attach to your car. The Motorokr has a sweet design and even a female voice that talks to you so that you can truly feel like batman driving in your 05 Honda Civic. The amazing part is that once the device connects to your phone and audio through bluetooth, it has an FM transmitter within it, allowing you to take you music/media and your calls directly to your Car speaker system. This is hands-free to the ULTIMATE degree!!!

Of course, as most of you know, FM transmitters aren't the best when it comes to sound quality. However, compared to other FM transmitters I've tried, this one is top notch! Now the audiophiles will not dig this of course since there is loss of audio quality, however I only listen to podcasts and it suits me perfectly! Controls are simple intuitive and easy to use and hearing the Motorokr's female voice gives me someone to talk to on my long drives.

Call quality is also great. The only issue is the other person being able to hear you. While I haven't had many complaints, one person mentioned that it sounded like I was in a blizzard. I feel that is more due to my Civic's inability to create a nice soundproof car environment. However, when I started speaking up (not yelling but talking in a loud assertive voice) he heard me fine.

All in all, the Motorokr t505 is a great product that i'd recommend to anyone! Also, Motorola support is great and they even have a support forums to voice your questions or concerns! I had my question responded to within 24 hours. I give the motorokr a 4.99 out of 5 because (as someone else on this forum said) there's always room for improvement!

I bought mine for $49.99 at the wireless shack: http://www.n1wireless.com/product.cgi?product=33487&group=31256
Thats an amazing price when compared to VZW stores. However, the unit, while new, does not come in retail packaging. Nonetheless, I have had no problems with it so I recommend buying from them if you're looking for a cheap price.

Note: the picture above shows the t505 with a visor clip. The unit I bought does not come with a visor clip and from what I've seen, most units do not come with the visor clip. However, the velco straps included in the box work very well thus there is no real need for the visor clip IMO. Also the unit I ordered DOES come with a car charger cable for the MotoRokr T505. However, you may need to order a cigarette lighter adapter in order to increase the number of cigarette lighter ports to accomodate both the T505 and your phone.

Seido Innocase Black:
Link: http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr2mtdd-bk.htm

Let me tell you....this is one HOT case. And it feeeeeeels sooo smooth and soft. It goes really well with the feeling of my boxwave anti glare screen. However, while the case feels soft at the same time it feels sturdy and strong enough to protect my Droid from a small impact fall. Installation was super easy and as far as I can see, the phone is adequately covered up and the essentials are not blocked by the case. The keyboard is a teeny tiny bit stiffer to slide out now but I actually prefer this!! Before the Seido case, my phone would manage to slide open a teensy bit while in my pockets. But now that scenario is a thing of the past! The black color goes really nice with the droid, but if you check out their website they have more colors available.

Also Seido customer service is AMAZING! While I've had no issues with their beautiful product, there is a another droid forums site where a seido rep browses the seido review thread and actually rectifies peoples woes with their individual cases and problems!! That's the first time I've seen reps from the company actually looking for complaints to address rather than waiting behind a phone line and hoping no one calls.

Any questions feel free to ask. Just wanted to give my 2 cent reviews. :D

Reactions: johnlgalt
Do you know if that Seido case will still let the unit fit in the desk top charger? I'm guessing not, but it looks quite thin, if it did that would be a great thing.

unfortunately it will not fit the motorola dock that VZW sells. However, Seido is making their own dock (already priced at $25!) that will fit your droid with a seido case on it. they also have free shipping until dec 31! or you can buy the MIKRADLE for $25 with free shipping for the holidays as well: MOTOROLA DROID MULTIMEDIA DOCK MIKRADLE (WALNUT) NEW! - eBay (item 140367439307 end time Jan-12-10 14:18:46 PST)

Upvote 0
I just bought a t505 and did a test at home - played music streaming through Pandora perfectly fine, to my home stereo, and for calls, well, I have the DROID speakerphone set as default when in car dock, so that will take care of that issue.

Happy to go *semi* wireless now in the car (still need charging cables).

Also conducted a test while charging in the house and streaming is not interrupted - good to know since I can often drive for longer than 5 hours at a time....

Will test in the car tomorrow and report back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones