1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Review Round Up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aslar, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Aslar

Aslar Newbie

NightAngel79 likes this.
  2. laslen

laslen Newbie

MSNBC Technolog

I enjoyed this review. I like the size comparison picture of it next to an iPad, too.

Aslar likes this.
  3. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member

from what I'm reading most of the reviews "like" it but don't "love" it... but also say you get about "half" and ipad at less than half the price.. so its a good value.

4. bobbrown89

bobbrown89 Newbie

I liked that one review that says you get to do 80% of the iPad stuff for 40% of the price. I think that about sums it up.

If you don't need cameras or video calling, then this is the perfect tablet to get for the best price...unless you prefer a giant screen.

5. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member

Well... they are also saying its a bit sluggish in spots.. so its not quite the same experience either...

Also the pinching and zooming to read magazines ain't the best.. if you saw that part of the videos.

6. HoPPy785

HoPPy785 Newbie

My only complaint is many of the reviews are taking the angle of reviewing it from the perspective of a person who wants a do all tablet. Those people won't waste their time on the Fire. Review it from a point of view of a dad, mom, or non techy and its an amazing product.

7. bobbrown89

bobbrown89 Newbie

Yeah, I'm not a fan of everyone comparing it to the ipad2, but I guess it is what it is because the ipad2 is the most successful selling tablet out there. But if people are saying that is is pretty good compared to the ipad2, then this is already a huge win for Amazon.

And you know the people that would buy an ipad2 but can't afford it would look at this and go, heck yeah I'd get this for cheap!

8. HoPPy785

HoPPy785 Newbie

The Fire simply opens the door to an audience that was once ignored to an extent. I mean personally I'm not going to go out and buy my mom or dad a Asus Transformer, because they wouldn't use it to its max and it would be a waste of money. The Fire on the other hand just became the perfect gift for a lot of people in my family. My parent won't root their device, carry or edit docs, side load movies, etc. but they will check their email, read a book, and surf the web.

9. lilparker2009

lilparker2009 Member

Great find my favorite one was the endgadget one easy to read

10. omgwtfmason

omgwtfmason Newbie

Thanks for posting these, I'm still reading them but they all seem pretty optimistic to me!

11. slbailey1

slbailey1 Android Enthusiast

Aslar likes this.
  12. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast

Thank you for posting these, definitely helpful reading these and helping in swaying my choice to buy or not!

13. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Aslar likes this.
  14. DaWeav

DaWeav Android Enthusiast

I liked CNET's BOL video podcast released today.

15. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

thanks for the links bro... been wanting to see some reviews

16. PalmPilot

PalmPilot Newbie

Is it just me, or are all the reviews poorly written? It seems like they all like the device, but don't want to fully commit to it. They spend so much time talking about how its not the ipad, but shouldn't be compared to the ipad, but then, essentially waste time comparing it to the ipad. Lol.

17. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast

I got mine today, and, quite frankly, the reviews I read previously were (are) of no help. I knew its limitations as far as feature and expandability go going into it. Performance-wise, it's fine. It's not laggy (like one review I read said). The wireless works well. It's fine for what it does.
    I use Amazon for a lot of things. I was already a Prime member. So, for me, the 200 bucks looks well spent.

18. Conchita08

Conchita08 Lurker

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Android Forums. Stumbled across the forum looking to learn more about the Amazon Kindle Fire. Looks like a good value, but I can't be sure. Anything I should know about it before I buy? Should I buy? Been reading the new reviews that have come out. Any suggestions?

19. Conchita08

Conchita08 Lurker