1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Review - Seidio Extended Surface Case for HTC Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gobluejd, Aug 4, 2011.

1. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Product Engineer
    NW Indiana

Advertisement

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    I use the Active case, and also like that one. Always been pleased with Seidio cases.

3. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2011
    Oklahoma City
    I agree with the good review, this is a great thin, light weight case that protects the back, sides and corners of the phone, but I totally disagree with his assessment of the kickstand. I like it a lot because it's strong enough to support the phone with the charging port at the top when in the landscape position which my TBolt kickstand won't do. I even think it's too narrow and wish they had made it the same width as the original.

I used the innocase combo, (Renamed the Surface) with the belt holster with my iPhone for 2 years and was really happy when they came out with this one for the TBolt with the extended battery. I like that it's one piece that snaps on at the sides as opposed to the original 2 piece that slides on from the top and bottom and I've always been a fan of their belt clip holster that positions the phone facing in to protect the screen and their spring clip at the top holds the phone very securely.

If you work outside and want a case that gives the phone total all around protection from dings and scratches as well as the elements however, this isn't the case for that. I do like Otterebox and I think they have improved the design of their belt clip holster a lot, but I don't think Otterbox has made a case for the TBolt with extended battery yet and if they do, it's going to be a monster. The Otterbox for the TBolt with the standard battery is as big as my Seidio Surface for the extended battery.

gobluejd likes this.
  4. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Product Engineer
    NW Indiana
    It serves it's purpose, I just think it "looks" bad and I feel like it will break when opening/closing.

All in all like you said, Seidio has good products.

5. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2011
    Oklahoma City
    I also agree with your assessment that the kickstand does look cheesy and will probably wear out, but if, or when it does, it will still function the same as the original, it just won't support the phone while charging. By then, I will probably feel that I have gotten my 21.00 to 25.00 use out of it, or they will have something I like better. (Current prices on Amazon). Again, I think it would look better and last longer if the kickstand was wider, but one that looks like the original would look best.

When I got the TBolt I thought I would never use the kickstand, but I've ended up using it a lot more than I expected.