• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review: Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case - Amazon Exclusive!

htc.EVOlution

Android Expert
May 10, 2010
Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition!
416tsg6664L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41PeZi34W4L._SS400_.jpg

I will get the Innocase before the shipping date advertised on Amazon's Exclusive Website. Seidio Rep was nice enough to send me a cover for review.

Product Details

• Product Dimensions: 5 x 2.8 x 0.6 inches
  • Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
  • Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
  • ASIN: B003PJ6QV0
  • Item model number: CSK3HEV4-BK
Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Active Case for HTC EVO 4G - Limited Edition: Cell Phones & Service

Pre-Intro: Seidio Inc was founded in 2002 in Houston Texas. They first started as a company that designed unique and quality products for PDAs, which slowly evolved into Smartphones. They has a passion for innovation and this lead them to become the leading manufacturer of Smartphone accessories.

They are also very well known for their rubberized cases. Many online forums and review sites have reviewed and vouch for their products. Their products are known to be built for quality and endurance.

Currently they are carrying a variety of cases for the Sprint HTC Evo 4G, Ultimate Screen Guard Protectors, Spare Batteries, Chargers, Cables, and many more. You can visit their site here for all the details and see a list of their products (Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories).

Build Quality
The build quality of this case is pretty different compared to the Innocase II that everyone is accustom to. It isn't hard plastic. Instead, it is made from soft silicon and plastic. The case is still two piece like most Seidio products (main piece is silicon, the second piece is a clip on of thin hard plastic that holds the phone and the case tightly around all edges). It also has the rubberized feel that everyone is used to.

Upon putting on the case, I held the case in my hand without the phone in it for couple seconds. The texture is definitely nice. It's not like any of those cheap silicon cases that you can get for couple bucks on ebay. It's build to perfection.

I loved how they put curvature on the case for where your fingers are. it gives you a sense of security when your holding the phone.

Fitment:
WOW! Fits perfect. When i mean by fit's perfect, it means that there isn't any space on the inside. It's almost like putting the phone into a high end pair of socks. It fits tight and smooth. Since the case is silicon, you don't have to worry much about the case on the inside. There's no sliding of individual pieces to put the case on, therefore you don't have to worry about scratching the phone.

Seidio also once again did a perfect job when it comes to cutout on the backing and the back cover of the phone. The camera, speaker, and LED are all cut to perfection. Nothing is blocked in anyway. Also you don't have to worry about anything touching the camera lens. Kickstand is also the same. The bottom of the phone also gives easy access to the HDMI and the mini USB port.

One thing that I feel weird about is the power button and the volume rocker being covered by silicon. Basically your pressing on the case to access those three buttons. BUT! they did give some embossing for those buttons so you can easily find them with your fingers without looking at the buttons.

Protection:
There's no possible way to scratching the inside of the casing when you have the phone on the inside. The silicon does a perfect job at this.

All edges are protected with silicon and a piece of hard plastic. Silicon is also known to give better protection when the phone drops on the floor. The silicon gives less impact on the phone when dropped.

Oh, of course, be sure to use a screen protector.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, the case lives up to the standard of innovation. They really did make a case that protected the phone real well. The design is slick and they gave a little more design than the standard hard plastic Innocase II. This case gives the phone more of a sports looks, almost like another one of those Marware cases that were made for the iPhone (but the quality of Seidio is much better than Marware).

The case is cheaper than the Innocase II. You can buy this Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case from Amazon. They are selling this case for Seidio exclusively. The price is cheaper, but the quality is top of the line. If you love silicon, get this case. If you like hard plastic, get Seidio Innocase II.

I do wish that they did something different for this case. I would like to see some other designs and colors. It would be nice to see 2 tone colors (Silicon to be one color and the hard plastic clip on to be another color. This would give it some contrast. (this is personal opinion).

Comparison to Innocase II:
Size of Active Limited Edition is probably half a millimeter thicker all around. Yes it is a bit bulkier. Both cases are totally different feel. Like I said before, if you like hard case (Seidio Innocase II), if you like Silicon (Active Limited Edition). It would be a hard comparison, but I do like the silicon one better. The only reason is because the inside is more protected. I dont' have to worry about the sliding of hard plastic causing scratches on the bezel of the phone.

oh, Innocase Holster doesn't work with this Active Limited Case. This is a big downer. I can't use the holder anymore!

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Gotta love Amazon - prices are lower, free shipping and no sales tax.

I ordered the Seidio Innocase II Surface Case for $25.95 ($4 off) and the Seidio Ultimate Screen Protector 2 PK for $11.00 ($3.95 off).

Unfortunately, Amazon won't ship until the end of the month (supplier stock).

However, if you order directly from Seido and pay their prices - they are shipping now.

Upvote 0
I am curious to know how bulky it is and how easily it goes in and out of your pocket. TIA
maybe .5mm bulkier. haven't measured... but it is a little bigger and thicker than the Seidio Innocase II (hardcase).
I'd be curious to know much it hinders swyping at the screens edges.
Doesn't block the edge or side in anyway. Works well and does not block any screen.
Will they have a holster that is compatible with this case?
not compatible, big bummer!

Upvote 0
Weird question but how much of the bottom of the phone does it cover? I have a little issue I'm trying to forget about and I'd like to know this.

and by bottom of the phone I mean directly under the softkeys, not bottom as in where the mic and ports sit.
there's a lot of space between the soft button and the bottom of the case. I will take pictures later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones